How do you recruit for customer service roles?
According to research by jobsite Totaljobs.com, there are on average 30 applications per customer service role. Whether the role is call centre or retail-based the challenge for any recruiter is to be able to quickly sift out any unsuitable applicants in order to keep recruitment costs low and to ensure that as much of your time is spent on those candidates that could be your customer service ‘stars’. At Bloojam we work closely with your business to create an efficient recruitment process that will enable you to do just that.
If you have any of the following issues when recruiting for customer service staff, we can help:
- High staff turnover or short-term tenure
- High sickness absence rates
- Poor quality of candidates
- Candidates being ‘coached’ by agencies
- High ‘no show’ rate at interview
- Lack of consistent selection process across different sites
To find out more about how we have successfully designed the call centre process for a major UK insurer, please read here.
What makes good customer service skills?
We appreciate that not all customer service roles are the same, and therefore the recruitment process should not be either. Whether the role is service or sales-led, face-to-face or telephone-based, inbound or outbound we will work with you to design an assessment process that will identify not only the most competent candidate but also the individual who is the best fit for your organisation based on a thorough investigation of their motivation, personality and skills.
We have designed a range of solutions for our clients to enable them to quickly sift a high volume of applications, including:
- Motivation and role fit screening
- Situational Judgement Tests (SJTs) for both phone-based and online recruitment processes
Once a shortlist of candidates has been identified we can help you to find the right candidate for your role whether the focus is on customer service, sales or collections. Our services include:
- Interview design
- Role-play exercises
- Customer service or sales personality tools
- Ability testing (e.g. verbal comprehension, error checking, typing skills)
To find out more about our customer service recruitment offer, please contact us.